Saturday, August 29, 2009

Makes you wonder~

So please forgive me for this one. I know you all prefer the light-hearted, picture ridden posts that I usually put up but something occurred to me today and I wanted to put it here- so there! Also thanks to mom for provoking this thought indirectly.

I am sure those of you that keep up with current events heard that DJAM was found dead of a drug overdose yesterday. For those that are going "who?" he is, forgive me was, a popular sought after DJ among that crowd. But he is even more well known (at least among the other crowds) as being one of two survivors in a plane crash about a year ago where he and Travis Barker (musician, Blink 182) jumped from a plane as it went up in flames!

So tell me what kind of world do we live in that a man can have the bravery and will-power to jump from a burning plane to save his life but this same man is weak over his demons which led to his drug use and ultimately his untimely death.

Moving on...

Still fresh on our minds is the recent loss of Michael Jackson. Now I was not a tremendous fan of Michael Jackson; however, I admired his free spirit and desire to create a more compassionate world. Michael Jackson had everything at his fingertips and was known by all and loved by many. And yet again.. could not find power over his demons which led to his drug use and ultimately his untimely death.

And yet another...

Billy Mays. Okay so maybe he was no DJAM or Michael Jackson but he had a niche and he worked it with pride in front of audiences - I'll call that bravery. And as with the others.. well you know the drill.

This really bothers me that some very influencial people with so much at their fingertips and so many people surrounding them could end up this way. How is it that such powerful and brave people can go down like this?

Anyway- thanks for hearing my rant. Feel free to comment- I dare ya!

No comments: